Starting your own pet sitting & dog walking business is one of the most rewarding and profitable home businesses you can start.
Here are a Few Quick Steps to Follow to Get Started
1. Have a goal. Know exactly what you want to accomplish. Decide on what type of pet sitting business you want to run.
- The traditional pet sitting model where you visit pets in their own homes.
- The in-home pet sitting model where you sit for pets in your own home.
- The house sitter model where you stay overnight in the pet owner’s home.
- The dog walking business only.
2. Make a Plan. Decide on what type of pets to cater to.
- Do you want to limit it to dogs and cats.
- Would you also want to sit for birds, rabbits and goldfish when their owners go on vacation.
- Will you sit for exotic pets?
3. Advertise verbally. The more people you tell about your business, the more likely you will be to succeed. Put a flyer on the bulletin boards of book stores, coffee shops, pet stores, post offices…basically anywhere you can find a bulletin board.
4. Build a website. In today’s world people go straight to the Web when they want to find a product or service. You will definitely increase you chances of success drastically by using a website.
- Just having a website is not enough. In addition to being found your website has to tell people that you will care for and love their pets just like they do when they aren’t home.
- People who use pet sitters really love their pets like their children and if you don’t have the right message on your website it can kill your business before it ever gets started.
5. Optimize Your website. Just publishing your site will not guarantee anyone will find it! Utilize these tips that Google recommends you follow in order to best optimize your pet sitting website:
- Title Tag: One of the most important elements when it comes to search engine optimization is your title tag. Make sure it contains your targeted keywords and is no more than 70 characters long.
- Meta Description: Inside your html code is your meta description tag. Use accurate, normal language to describe your page content. Each meta description page should contain a unique description.
- Quality Content: At the end of the day, your website should give the visitor good quality content. Google rewards quality content that is unique and fresh. Update your site with new content often.
These steps will get you started but if you are really serious about your pet sitting business, you will want to follow a step-by-step plan that will get you up and running like a professional. The Pawsh Paws Membership Training Club was designed to do just that. Make sure to check out everything that’s included so you can start building your own lucrative pet sitting business today!